Our firm supports and advocates for the individual ideas and rights of those with alternative lifestyles.
Vishnick McGovern Milizio attorneys advocate for and strongly believe in the rights of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered individuals. The LGBT community has the same concerns, and the same needs, as the larger community. However, society does not automatically grant the same legal rights, or offer the same legal benefits to the LGBT community. But, with proper planning, many of those rights and benefits can be fulfilled. Whether counseling individuals, families, or businesses, we understand the issues and are well versed in strategies that protect our clients and satisfy their wishes.
Critical distinctions in societal rights challenge many of the most personal decisions of life including:
- Estate distribution and inheritance
- Ownership rights in real estate and personal property
- Spousal and domestic partner rights
- Separation and divorce
- Decision making for an ill or incapacitated person
- The right to make funeral arrangements and act on behalf of a domestic partner’s estate
- Workplace discrimination/harassment
- The use of customized trusts and probate alternatives
Our attorneys who specialize in this area: