Charitable Bequest Management
Representing Non-Profit Organizations
Vishnick McGovern Milizio LLP’s Charitable Bequest Management attorney
and a dedicated paralegal work on behalf of not-for-profit organizations
to ensure that their planned giving efforts are realized fully and efficiently.
A significant source of funding is achieved through testamentary bequests
and other planned gifts. Unfortunately, for the typical over-extended
planned giving officer, there isn’t enough time to effectively inventory,
track, analyze, protect and optimize such bequests.
Our firm can help by providing the following services:
- Initial bequest analysis and inventory
- Will and probate document analysis
- Charitable beneficiary representation in litigation regarding trusts and
will disputes, as well as construction proceedings, compulsory fiduciary
accounting proceedings, and preparing and filing objections regarding
- Consistent communication regarding status of bequest with fiduciary’s
- Payment of bequests facilitation
- Analysis and negotiation of requested releases
- Fiduciary accounting analysis and negotiation
- Final decree negotiation, fiduciary accounting settlement and enforcement
Cost-Conscious Solutions for Charitable Bequest Management
Maintaining a staff for bequest management doesn’t make a lot of
sense in today’s economic climate, especially for small organizations.
Our team focuses our efforts on assisting not-for-profit clients through
the organization, monitoring, assessing, and maximizing of donors’
intended charitable benefits. This essentially frees up additional resources
and maximizes the efforts of your fundraising professionals.
Discuss Your Issues with Our Trust and Estate Attorneys
We are available to help your organization develop or execute charitable
bequests and answer any questions you might have. We look forward to serving you soon.