Andrew Kimler heads Vishnick McGovern Milizio LLP’s Employment Law and Alternative Dispute Resolution Practices and is a key member of the LGBTQ Representation Practice.
He focuses in the areas of employment, commercial, and corporate law, representing businesses and individuals in state and federal trial and appellate courts and before arbitration tribunals. His employment cases include wage and hour, discrimination, trade secret, and restrictive covenant disputes. An experienced litigator, he also handles complex contract, partnership, and other business disputes.
Mr. Kimler is an appointed member of the United States District Court, Eastern District of New York, Mediation Panel. He is a court-appointed mediator for the Commercial Divisions of the State Supreme Court in Queens and Nassau Counties. In this role, he helps disputing parties improve communication, identify points of agreement, and generate a mutually agreeable resolution. This often entails exploring a wide range of potential solutions outside the scope of the stated controversy or judicial action.
Mr. Kimler writes and lectures extensively at universities and before professional associations and organizations, including the Long Island Chapter of the National Conference of CPA Practitioners. His topics include wage and hour, discrimination, and other employment matters.
His representation of a high-profile, landmark LGBTQ wrongful termination case in 2012 received national media attention, including the New York Times, HuffPost, CNN, and an ongoing investigative report on WABC-TV. Its favorable result helped pave the way for LGBTQ workplace rights.
Mr. Kimler is regularly featured in the press. In addition to the above, he has been interviewed or written about in Law360, U.S. News, News 12 New York, News 12 Long Island, Newsday, Long Island Business News, LI Herald, LI News Radio, Longisland.com, and Gay & Lesbian Review/Worldwide.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
-Associate editor, Ohio Northern University Law Review
- Cum Laude; honors in political science; member of the National Political Science Honor Society.
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- New York State Bar Association; Labor & Employment and Commercial & Federal Litigation Sections
- Nassau County Bar Association; Labor & Employment and Commercial Litigation Committees
- Queens County Bar Association
- Board member, Brandeis Bar Association
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney, 2013 – Present
- New York Law Journal, Top Rated Lawyers, 2020
- Avvo, 5-star reviewed member
- Nominee, LI Herald “Top Lawyers of Long Island 2019,” Labor & Employment
PRO BONO & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Vice President and Board of Trustees member, The Reform Temple of Forest Hills