Bernard McGovern is a Partner in Vishnick McGovern Milizio LLP's Wills, Trusts, and Estates Practice, concentrating in Trust and Estate Planning and Trust and Estate Administration.
His practice also includes Trust and Estate Accounting and Trust and Estate Litigation, in addition to Guardianship proceedings, Elder Law matters, and real property law.
Mr. McGovern is widely recognized by peers for his expertise. He advises fiduciaries and beneficiaries on their rights and obligations, including all aspects of contested probate and discovery proceedings and estate tax proceedings.
Mr. McGovern served in the United States Army Reserve for 21 years, retiring with the rank of Lieutenant Colonel.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 1973
- Dean’s List; American Jurisprudence Award
- B.A., History, Marist College, 1970
- Cum Laude
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- New York State Bar Association; Trust and Estate Section
- Queens County Bar Association; Surrogate Court Committee
- Nassau County Bar Association; Surrogate Court Committee
- Member, former President, Blackstone Lawyers Club
- Member, Catholic Lawyers Guild
- Member, Knights of Columbus
- Member, The Friendly Sons of St. Patrick
- Member, 77th Infantry Division Reserve Officers Association
- Former advisory board member, Ticor Title
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Avvo, 5-star reviewed member
- New York Law Journal “New York’s Top Rated Trusts and Estates Lawyers,” 2020 (practice)
- Global Law Experts 2020 “Trusts and Estates Litigation Law firm of the Year in New York, US” (practice)
- Nominee, LI Herald “2019 Top Lawyers of Long Island,” Estates & Trusts
PRO BONO & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Queens Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Queens County Bar Mentor Program
- St. John’s University School of Law Externship Program
- Formerly, Development Committee of the American Cancer Society, Queens County Branch