Meredith Chesler is an associate in the firm's Trust and Estate Administration and Surrogacy, Adoption, and Assisted Reproduction Practices. Her work focuses on Surrogate's Court proceedings, including probating wills, intestacy (when an individual dies without a will), and administering and settling decedents' estates.
Ms. Chesler works closely with clients, their family, other attorneys, expert witnesses, and court personnel to ensure the efficient and timely resolution of matters. Prior to joining Vishnick McGovern Milizio LLP, she practiced Matrimonial and Family Law, where she represented clients in Family Court and Supreme Court.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- J.D., St. John's University School of Law, 2012, Dean’s List
- St. Thomas More Full-Tuition Scholarship; Gold Pro Bono Service Award.
- B.A., Italian and Spanish, Binghamton University College of Arts and Sciences, Summa cum laude; Phi Beta Kappa.
MEMBERSHIP & ASSOCIATIONS
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Trusts and Estates, 2021 – Present
- Chambers USA Regional Spotlight NY: Trusts & Estates, 2024 (practice)
- U.S. News & World Report-Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms in America: Elder Law," 2022 – Present (practice)
PRO BONO & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Ms. Chesler is committed to giving back to the community and approaches her volunteering with the same passion that she brings to her work. This includes:
- National Association of Letter Carriers' Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive
- Island Harvest Food Bank, Taste of the Harvest Fundraiser Committee
- Long Island Cares Food Bank