Thomas Weiss heads VMM’s Bankruptcy practice and is a key member of the Commercial Litigation, Real Estate Litigation, and Matrimonial & Family Law practices.
An accomplished attorney, Mr. Weiss has over 25 years of trial experience at both the state and federal levels.
His experience in real estate matters includes successfully litigating and resolving many partition actions, quiet title actions, contract disputes, commercial lease disputes, warehouseman’s liens, garagemen’s liens, and mechanic’s liens.
Mr. Weiss additionally represents parties in matrimonial and family law matters, including contested and uncontested divorce, custody, spousal and child support, and orders of protection.
Prior to joining VMM, Mr. Weiss led his own firm for 18 years in Garden City, New York.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 1997
- B.A. Political Science and Sociology, Queens College, City University of New York, 1994
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Nassau County Bar Association; Real Property Law Committee; Matrimonial Committee
- BNI Accountable Pros, former president
- BNI AAA Spectrum, former president
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Martindale-Hubbell, “Client Champion: Gold” 2021 (given to less than 4% of MH attorneys)
- Avvo, 5-star reviewed member; 2020 “Clients’ Choice” honoree
- National Republican Congressional Committee, Business Advisory Council “National Leadership Award”
- National Republican Congressional Committee, Business Advisory Council “Businessman of the Year” award