Pro Bono & Community Involvement
VMM is dedicated to justice and the wellbeing of our community. For over 50 years, we’ve been helping a wide range of clients and nonprofit organizations through pro bono and community involvement, including legal counsel, board positions, sponsorships, donations, volunteering, and legal education (free speaking engagements and training seminars). We approach our pro bono work with the same dedication to excellence and success as we do other cases, proudly improving the lives of our fellow New Yorkers and New Jerseyans.
Free Lectures and Seminars
As part of our Pro Bono & Community Involvement work, Vishnick McGovern Milizio LLP offers free lectures, seminars, and workshops. We regularly provide legal education programs to organizations, businesses, groups, and individuals in a variety of legal topics, unsolicitous and free of charge.
Organizations we have worked with include the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), CUNY’s Queens College, St. John’s University, National Conference of CPA Practitioners (NCCPAP), Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care and Rehabilitation, Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors, Planned Parenthood, Sephardic Bikur Holim, Hellenic American Neighborhood Action Committee (HANAC), state and local bar associations, and others.
Topics can be tailored to specific interests, but broadly include:
- Trusts & estates planning and administration
- Business and transactional law
- Mergers & acquisitions
- Commercial litigation
- alternative dispute resolution
- Employment law (incl. free compliance review for employers)
- Exit/succession planning for business owners
- Real estate law
- Elder law planning and administration and elder care
- Life documents planning for young parents (wills, guardianships, and proxies)
- Special needs planning and administration
- Matrimonial & family law
- LGBTQ rights & representation
- Personal injury