Michael Humphrey heads Vishnick McGovern Milizio’s Fiduciary Trust and Estate Accounting and Charitable Bequest Management subpractices and is a member of the Wills, Trusts, and Estates and Tax Law Practices. He focuses on contested fiduciary accounting proceedings of both trusts and estates.
Mr. Humphrey’s experience in preparing complex and multi-year accountings enables him to counsel both individual and institutional fiduciaries, ensuring they avoid the accounting pitfalls that trigger disputes and litigation by beneficiaries.
As head of the Charitable Bequest Management subpractice, Mr. Humphrey applies his unique skill set and experience in fiduciary accounting to carefully analyze the accountings of both executors and trustees, ensuring that the charity or nonprofit organization receive the full legacy or bequest as intended by their philanthropic donors.
Mr. Humphrey’s practice also includes probate and administration proceedings, trust and estate administration, estate tax, fiduciary income tax, guardianship, and estate planning.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- New York, 2002
- U.S. Tax Court, 2003
- J.D., Vermont Law School, 2001
- B.A., Environmental Science, University of Tennessee, 1996
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- New York State Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Suffolk County Bar Association
- Association of Fundraising Professionals, Long Island Chapter (AFPLI)
- Philanthropic Planning Group of Greater New York (PPGGNY)
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Nominee, LI Herald “2019 Top Lawyers of Long Island,” Estates & Trusts
- Nominee, LI Herald “2019 Top Lawyers of Long Island,” Not-for-Profit