Morris Sabbagh is a partner in Vishnick McGovern Milizio’s Tax Law, Wills, Trusts, and Estates, Trust and Estate Planning, Elder Law, and COVID-19 Legal Assistance Practices.
He focuses on assisting families with the preservation of wealth and administration of estates and trusts, and works with high-net-worth individuals to prevent the dissipation of assets to taxes, creditors, and long-term care expenses.
Mr. Sabbagh’s extensive experience includes planning for gift, estate, and generation-skipping transfer taxes, business succession, marital issues, creditor and asset protection, and public benefits and elder law issues.
He assists clients with the implementation of complex estate planning strategies and with the creation and administration of charitable foundations and charitable planned giving vehicles. In addition, he assists executors and trustees in the probate process and the administration of estates, as well as gift, estate, and income tax audits before the Internal Revenue Service and the New York State Department of Taxation.
Mr. Sabbagh is a founding member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), New York Chapter.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- New York, 1994
- New Jersey, 1993
- J.D., Yeshiva University Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, 1993
- Cardozo Surrogate’s Court Practicum.
- B.S., finance, NYU Leonard N. Stern School of Business Administration, 1990
- Cum Laude.
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- New York State Bar Association; Elder Law and Trusts and Estates Law Sections
- New York City Bar Association
- Monmouth Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA), New York Chapter
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Best Lawyers, Elder Law, 2021
- New York Law Journal “New York’s Top Rated Trusts and Estates Lawyers,” 2020 (practice)
PRO BONO & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT