Phillip Hornberger is an associate in the firm’s Real Estate and Business and Transactional Law Practices, with a focus on residential real estate. His work includes preparing, reviewing and negotiating contracts of sale, reviewing title reports, addressing title issues, and attending closings.
Prior to joining VMM, Mr. Hornberger worked over three years as an associate with a sole practitioner in general practice, in Roslyn, NY. His wide-ranging experience encompasses real estate law, including preparing contracts of sales and riders for co-ops, condominiums, and single family residences, and preparing closing documents; trusts & estates law, including preparing probate petitions, waivers and consents, inventory of assets, wills, living wills, and health care proxies; corporate law, including preparing and reviewing shareholder agreements, articles of organization, corporate resolutions, and consulting agreements; and litigation, including pleading and motion documents.
Previously, he served as a judicial intern for the Hon. Andrew Crecca in the Integrated Domestic Violence Part of the Suffolk County Supreme Court and for the Hon. Donald Blydenburgh in the Matrimonial Part of the Supreme Court of Suffolk County.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- J.D., St. John’s University School of Law, 2014
- B.A., Business Management, Providence College, 2011
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Business Organizations (Including LLCs and Partnerships), 2023
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- New York State Bar Association; Real Estate Section
- Suffolk County Bar Association; Real Estate and Young Lawyers Committees