Medicaid & Estate Planning: What You Need to Know About Eligibility, Care Planning, and Asset Protection
VMM partner Morris Sabbagh conducted a live webinar and Q&A on March 4, 2021 for patients, caregivers, and employees of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care and Rehabilitation and Willing Hearts, Helpful Hands Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Initiative, part of a yearlong series.
Among the topics discussed:
• Medicaid eligibility.
• Medicaid planning and asset protection.
• Empowering caretakers through health care proxies, living wills, powers of attorney, and guardianships.
• Wills, trusts, and other planning techniques.
• Preventing the dissipation of assets to taxes, creditors, and long-term care expenses.
• Preserving personal and family wealth.
• Planning for succession and distribution of assets.
• Available tax benefits and exemptions.
• Other useful estate and life planning strategies.