John Gordon is a member of Vishnick McGovern Milizio LLP’s Business and Transactional Law, Exit Planning for Business Owners, Real Estate, Wills, Trusts and Estates, and COVID-19 Legal Assistance Practices.
Mr. Gordon represents business owners in all stages of the business life cycle, including formation and initial planning, mergers and acquisitions, exit and succession planning, ownership transfers, and entity dissolutions. He is a Certified Exit Planner (CExP) by the Business Enterprise Institute (BEI).
In his real estate practice, Mr. Gordon represents clients in the purchase, sale, lease, and finance of commercial and residential properties.
His work in the Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning Practice involves developing and implementing estate and gift tax plans for individuals.
Mr. Gordon regularly lectures on exit planning, estate planning, and real estate matters. He has been featured in the press, including Newsday, Long Island Herald, Long Island Business News, The Island Now, Williston Times, Nassau Lawyer, andQueens Bar Bulletin. His article “Credit Shelter Trusts Remain Important to Estate Plans” was published in the September 2014 edition of The CPA Journal.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 2004
- B.A., Classics and Philosophy, College of the Holy Cross, 2001
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- New York State Bar Association
- Queens County Bar Association
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Former President, Chamber of Commerce of the Willistons
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Best Lawyers "Ones to Watch 2021"; Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Avvo, 5-star reviewed member
- Nominee, LI Herald “2019 Top Lawyers of Long Island,” Real Estate
PRO BONO & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Former board member, St. Aidan School in Williston Park