Mateen Hashmat is an associate in VMM’s Personal Injury practice.
He represents plaintiffs in all manner of personal injury litigation, including motor vehicle accidents, construction accidents, workplace accidents, premises accidents, slip & falls, product liability, and wrongful death cases.
Before joining VMM, Mateen was a managing partner of a boutique firm in New York City. His work there focused on personal injury litigation as well as the daily operations of the firm.
Prior, he served as a judicial extern for the Office of the Nassau County Attorney Tax Certiorari & Condemnation Bureau, where he gained extensive experience in trial advocacy and negotiation. His responsibilities included negotiating small claims on behalf of the Office; legal research; reviewing briefs and motions; and drafting memoranda, decisions, and orders.
Mateen has also provided pro bono services to victims of Superstorm Sandy in a variety of matters, including federal and state insurance policy disputes, homeowner and contractor disputes, and social service personnel disputes. He was awarded the Gold Level Public Service Award for his service.
He is also fluent in Urdu, Hindi, and Punjabi.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- New York, 2017
- Eastern District of New York, 2017
- J.D., Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University, 2016
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- American Bar Association, 2017
- New York Bar Association, 2017
- New York State Trial Legal Association, 2018
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- 10 Best Attorneys – Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2016–2019
- Hofstra University Deane School of Law “Gold Level Public Service Award,” 2014