Hon. Robert A. Carpentier is Of Counsel in Vishnick McGovern Milizio LLP’s Business and Transactional Law, Real Estate Transactions, and Wills, Trusts, and Estates practices.
A civil litigator and general practitioner with over forty years of experience, he represents private, corporate, nonprofit, and other clients in a wide array of matters, including commercial litigation, tax certiorari, probate, estate litigation, matrimonial & family law, education, election, municipal, zoning, appeals, and government relations.
Judge Carpentier is a Special Master in the Mandatory Civil Appeals Mediation Program, appointed in 2018 by the Appellate Division, Second Department, Supreme Court. Additionally, he is eligible to receive appointments as a Receiver in Supreme Court by the State of New York Office of Court Administration. He is a retired elected Village Judge for the Incorporated Village of Manorhaven in Port Washington, New York.
Previously, he served as Special Counsel to Nassau County, 1991–2002, and on Manorhaven’s Board of Zoning Appeals, 1990–2001. He also served as Municipal Counsel for the Port Washington Garbage District, 2019–2021.
In 2019 he served as adjunct professor in economics at Nassau Community College.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- New York
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Courts for the Eastern, Southern, Northern and Western Districts of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, First Circuit, Second Circuit, and Federal Circuit
- United States Court of International Trade
- United States Court of Military Appeals
- United States Court of Claims
- United States Tax Court.
- LL.M., Taxation, Boston University
- J.D., Western New England University School of Law
- B.A., Washington & Lee University
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- Nassau County Bar Association
- Washington & Lee University Long Island Alumni Association, President and Treasurer
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Certificate of Recognition from the Board of Governors and the Tenth Judicial District Administrative Judge’s Office, 2016: in honor of valuable contribution to the Attorney-Client Fee Dispute Resolution Program as an arbitrator.
PRO BONO & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Briarcliff College, former Board of Trustees Member
- Long Island Lutheran Middle/Senior High School, former Board Member
- Long Island Lutheran Memorial Endowment Fund, former Trustee
- Kiwanis Club of Port Washington, former President
- Our Savior Lutheran Church, Port Washington, Board Member