With the significant recent changes to Community Medicaid (in-home care) eligibility and the possible changes to estate and gift taxes following the elections, it’s imperative for patients, families, and caregivers to be prepared.
VMM partner Morris Sabbagh conducted a live webinar and Q&A on October 28th, 2020 for patients, caregivers, and employees of Parker Jewish Institute for Health Care and Rehabilitation and Willing Hearts, Helpful Hands Alzheimer's Caregiver Support Initiative.
Listen to the webinar:
Among the topics discussed:
- Medicaid eligibility.
- Medicaid planning and asset protection.
- Empowering caretakers through health care proxies, living wills, powers of attorney, and guardianships.
- Wills, trusts, and other planning techniques.
- Preventing the dissipation of assets to taxes, creditors, and long-term care expenses.
- Preserving personal and family wealth.
- Planning for succession and distribution of assets.
- Available tax benefits and exemptions.
- Likely changes to estate and gift taxes after the elections.
- Other useful estate and life planning strategies.