New York Charitable Bequest Management Attorneys
Representing Nonprofit Organizations in New York & New Jersey
Vishnick McGovern Milizio, LLP’s charitable bequest management attorney and a dedicated paralegal work on behalf of not-for-profit organizations to ensure that their planned giving efforts are realized fully and efficiently. A significant source of funding is achieved through testamentary bequests and other planned gifts. Unfortunately, for the typical over-extended planned giving officer, there isn’t enough time to effectively inventory, track, analyze, protect, and optimize such bequests. We’ll help you out, whether you’re in New York or New Jersey.
Our Nonprofit Services
Our firm can help by providing the following services:
- Initial bequest analysis and inventory
- Will and probate document analysis
- Charitable beneficiary representation in litigation regarding trusts and will disputes, as well as construction proceedings, compulsory fiduciary accounting proceedings, and preparing and filing objections regarding fiduciary accounting
- Consistent communication regarding status of bequest with fiduciary’s legal counsel
- Payment of bequests facilitation
- Analysis and negotiation of requested releases
- Fiduciary accounting analysis and negotiation
- Final decree negotiation, fiduciary accounting settlement, and enforcement
Maintaining a staff for bequest management doesn’t make a lot of sense in today’s economic climate, especially for small organizations. Our team focuses our efforts on assisting not-for-profit clients through the organization, monitoring, assessing, and maximizing of donors’ intended charitable benefits. This essentially frees up additional resources and maximizes the efforts of your fundraising professionals.
We are available to help your organization develop or execute charitable bequests and answer any questions you might have. We look forward to serving you soon.